Supplier: Schuett-Biotec Microbiology instruments Type: Microbiology
- software for selection according to colour, size and shape
- light-proof sample chamber with CCD-Firewire-camera (colour)
- image acquisition and simultaneous evalution within seconds
- tables and images may be stored digitally
- agar plates, nutrient disks, inhibition zone analysis, spiral plating
- mixed cultures, up to 8 colours simultaneously per petri dish
- sectorial evaluation, 90% option
- in conformity with GLP
High throughput analysis of bacterial colonies or bacteriophage plaques in less than a second. The schuett colonyQuant is comprised of a CCD-Firewire camera (colour) with autozoom and autofocus, a light-proof sample chamber and the software for automated colony counting.
Differentiation by colour, size and shape to be combined at choice by the user. Additional features allow for separating overlapping colonies. Settings to be stored and retrieved via mouse-click for future analysis of similar type samples. The system is straightforward to use and the software is Windows® based. Results are presented as an image on your monitor or in a table exportable to Excel®.
Unique to the schuett colonyQuant is its ability:
- to process up to 400 Petri dishes per hour with up to 1.000 counts per dish.
- accurate detection of difficult to identify colonies.
- mixed cultures - differentiation of colonies with up to 8 colours simultaneously.
- changeover from evaluating agar plates or to nutrient discs, to spiral
- plates, to inhibition zone analysis etc. can be effected by a simple mouse click.
The system has been designed for use with Petri dishes of 60 and 90 mm diameter. As a result of using a LED-array to illuminate the surface of the agar circular from the side a hereto unknown transparency and sharpness for detecting colonies can be observed.
Typical applications (examples): Total number of colonies, Enterobacteria, nutrient disks and filter disks, chromogenic agar, high number of colonies (up to approx. 1.000 per Petri dish), bacteriophage plaque assay, inhibition zones and dark agar.
Contact us for more information about ColonyQuant : automated colony counter or to place your order